Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Project

Mouse control and spatial relations are hard for first grade students. They need to have a defined space and a mousepad does the trick! I recalled teachers sharing at a Discovery Conference about how the younger students loved the songs and how excited the students get when they listen and sing along.

This is another lesson that I created using the mouse. First Graders opened up Microsoft Paint and the following link is how I guided the directions for the students to draw a turkey. The students saved the picture as a .jpeg file to a shared folder. http://www.leslietryon.com/seasonal1103/turkeydraw.html

I took pictures of them dancing to the song, their drawings and used photo story to display their pictures.


I liked this lesson a lot! I had so much fun as so did the students. The student work is posted on our school website. They have come back to me in the computer lab and told me they have shared it with siblings and relatives. Click on Thanksgiving Project to view the project